text search app

Hello all

Firstly, thanks Andrew for making this resource available.

I'm an XML newbie and I also have a nasty habit of writing things from
scratch.  Yes I know there are dozens of libraries that do it all - if you
want a 15MB executable that will freeze silicon solid.  I tried to download
an XML file from the listings using my own simple version of http_get and
all the tags disappeared.

My code has nothing which ignores unknown tags, or anything except...

Err, oops, just checked and my code DOES strip off tags.  I wrote it ages
ago and forgot.  Never mind, I will have many more questions if I persevere
with what I want to do, so hello anyway.

What I'd like to do is to write a simple app which would download TV
programs a few days in advance and search on a number of words and phrases.
 If such a thing already exists I'd appreciate it if someone could point me
to it, otherwise as time permits I'll make a first stab at it, suggestions
welcome.

Adrian