Re: [TV] Rules for downloading data

In list.comp.tv, I wrote:

>     http://www.bleb.org/tv/data/listings/

Further to some comments, I've given an example on what's meant by
"application name" in rule 2 - I didn't mean "wget", I meant "Bob's
Homebrew TV App" (apologies to any Bob's who've written homebrew TV apps
;-))

Also, since some people are using controls which don't allow changing
the user agent, a query string can be used on the fetch containing the
application name, eg:

    wget http://www.bleb.org/tv/data/listings/0/bbc1.xml?BobsHomebrewTVApp

rather than:

    wget -U "Bob's Homebrew TV App, bob@xxxxxxxxxx" \
         http://www.bleb.org/tv/data/listings/0/bbc1.xml

Note that if you end up doing it this way then I'd appreciate an email
so that I can map "BobsHomebrewTVApp" to the maintainer (ie.
"bob@xxxxxxxxxx")

Comments, as always, welcome.

Cheers,

Andrew