Character set oddity on HTML pages

Hiya,

Not a significant one, but the encoding of the HTML pages (taking for
example today's Sky One page) is declared as charset="iso-8859-1", and
this - or something else somewhere - causes things like Poke'mon to come
out wrong - in the actual HTML it's written as ...

  Pokémon

which I /think/ is the correct sequence for the e with an accent over it
if you were displaying ISO 8859-1 plain version of the UTF-8 encoded
character (sorry that sounds complicated).

I imagine that the fact that it comes out with entity names means that the
conversion problem occurs some time earlier in the parsing, not at the
HTML generation stage.

Anyhow, it's not a significant problem, but it's just something that I
noticed.

--
Gerph
<http://www.movspclr.co.uk/> <http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justin.fletcher/>