From: Andrew Flegg [mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eoin
Verling
Sent: 08 September 2004 17:41
To: tvdevel@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [TV] basic qusetion - ireland, listings, howto?

Hi,

new to all this, etc ... looking back through the archive, and looking
for
the relevant commands, trying to get a "picture" of how things work, so
bare with me ...

As I see it (and feel free to insult me if I'm wrong!), in order to get
program guide (or EPG as I see some call it), you need to run a script
(currently tv_grab_uk_rt from the xmltv package) that "talks" to a site
(such as bleb.org) and downloads the relevant XML formatted file
locally.

So, questions that arise from there:-

* XML and XMLTV - XML is a standard language, and XMLTV is a predefined
format, written in XML?

* tv_grab_uk_rt - is there an equivalent script written to fetch from
bleb.org?

* Ireland - I notice there's no mention of good old RTE and other such
channels on bleb.org ... any plans to include them? Is it "not as simple

as that"? Know of any relevant links?

cheers
Eoin