RE: [TV] basic qusetion - ireland, listings, howto?

> Paul Webster wrote:
>
> >I don't know if Andrew has any plans - but - just for your info
> - there is a
> >commercial offering called DigiGuide (less than 10GBP per year) that
> >provides UK and Irish channels and can import XMLTV-syntax
> listings. It is a
> >fully functional Windows application that also includes teh
> ability to set
> >markers (looking out for programmes or text in the description)
> and taking
> >actions like voice alert, launch external application (which
> could initiate
> >recording on your PC) etc.
> >I use it and like it a lot and have written add-ons for it.
> >

> But they've historically not been interested in letting people subscribe
> to the 'data' - only the application.
> Which doesn't work if you want to do your own thing with the data (like
> EPGs for PVRs)
Depends how you want to use it. As I mentioned in the earlier email -
add-ins are possible.
So - many people are using DG as the EPG for their PVR. Mine is DABDig -
which in turn schedules recording  20 different sorts of TV/Radio
applications.

Paul