Re: [TV] Source code, GPL and licenses...

In list.comp.tv, David wrote:

> With the demise of the uk_rt grabber I expect there's going to be more
> demand on bleb.

Yay! Although I have seen scripts floating around which don't set the
user-agent, but use wget:

   *** WARNING: I /WILL/ BLOCK THESE SCRAPERS. USING WGET, IT IS
       TRIVIAL TO FOLLOW THE RULES. NOT DOING SO IS A COMMENT ON
       HOW YOU VALUE YOUR TIME COMPARED WITH MINE... ***

Not that anyone monitoring this list would fall in to that category ;-)

> Can I first ask if Bleb is an open source project?

Yes, it is. Under the Artistic Licence. Unfortunately the source code
link doesn't seem to be on the front page (which needs a revamp,
suggestions welcome). The framework code can be download here:

    http://www.bleb.org/tv/code/

Documentation needs improving; volunteers?

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxx  |  http://www.bleb.org/