Re: [TV] bleb.org needs to move

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 07:06:47PM -0000, Ivor Hewitt wrote:

> A quick scan through those stats suggests a few immediate changes may be
> worthwhile:
> A good Gb is from spiders, suggesting a few tweaks to your robots.txt file
> would be in order, after all is there any need for the spiders to cache all
> of your listings content?

The HTML version makes the Google AdWords worthwhile, and they've proved
to be a noticable (but only contributory) source of income.

But that means they only need to be seen by Google.

> Also you're chewing up 200Mb just serving 404 pages for pages that are being
> programatically scanned. Probably worth just not returning anything at all
> for non-existant /tv/data/listings files.

That's a good idea.

> As for 3am... Hmmm depends how your totals are calculated. If the total for
> 3am is the total snapshot number of cumulated hits at 3am. i.e. hits that
> have occurred between 2am and 3am.... Then perhaps the fact that the default
> mythtv mythfilldatabase cron is kicked off at 2am might be a clue perhaps?

Ahh; and if it downloads all 6 days every morning, that could be it. As
I said though, isn't XMLTV now better catered for by radiotimes.com?

> Finally perhaps it's time to consider ways of doing distributed xmltv feeds.

See my other message for thoughts on this.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxx  |  http://www.bleb.org/