Including information on other websites (RSS/JavaScript/syndication)

Hi,

Following a question from Ben Davies, I got to thinking about how people
could easily include listings information on their own pages without
having to faff about with PHP, XML etc.

Two options spring to mind, both with particular problems which'd need
addressing:

 1) Provide a JavaScript interface. This would be similar to Google's
    AdSense programme. Effectively you would include, within your page,
    some HTML like:

        <script type="text/javascript"><!--
        bleb_colour_border = "578A24";
        bleb_colour_bg     = "CCFF99";
        bleb_colour_link   = "00008B";
        bleb_colour_text   = "000000";
        bleb_tv_channels   = "bbc1 bbc2 itv1 ch4 five";
        //--></script>
        <script type="text/javascript"
        src="http://bleb.org/tv/data/syndication.js";></script>

 2) Improve the RSS interface and point people to use Feed2JS[1].

The former has the benefit that it can be better controlled and
configured for TV listings (and include a "Powered by bleb.org" link
automatically ;-)) and is arguably simpler. However, the second gives
benefits to those using RSS by other means.

Of course, improving the RSS feed is also on the todo list ;-)

One question would be: what kind of information would people want
included in a sidebar like this? A particular channel? A search for a
particular programme (perhaps within a range of channels)? Now/next
information?

I've already got all the TV information I need on my website, so
suggestions *very* welcome.

Cheers,

Andrew

[1] http://jade.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/feed/