Re: [TV] Recent problems

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 10:15:27AM +0100, Ed Wildgoose wrote:
> >Any thoughts? In particular, is there any value in having the XMLTV
> >fragments available outside of a "proper" XMLTV download?
>
> Just do what the radio times do.  Slice it up into sensible sized
> chunks, eg one file per channel, then send 'em the whole lot in one go.

So, "no"? That was my thoughts; I'll leave it to supplying a valid XMLTV
document through http://bleb.org/tv/data/listings

> Turn on mod_compress on your webserver and its probably a lower load to
> send them 7 days in one file than let them request 7 single files

Indeed. mod_gzip's already on, anyway. Advantage of the bulk download
facility is that you can even crank the compression up to bzip2 if
you've got the ability to handle that.

Cheers,

Andrew

PS. Just realised the link to the framework footnote was left off my
    earlier mail, for completeness:

    [1] http://bleb.org/tv/code/

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxx  |  http://www.bleb.org/