RE: [TV] mirroring

> In list.comp.tv, Russ wrote:
> >
> > The biggest concern on Andrews part is the mirror
> > downloading loads of times ina single day.
>
> To clarify, though, I don't mind being downloaded from me - my bandwidth
> is (currently) plentiful. What *is* a concern is the impact on the
> source websites.
I hadn't appreciated that Bleb was doing live data collection.
Is it feasible to
- "cache" - i.e. save the data that is collected and only go back to the
source on a timeout (perhaps selectable per channel/source)
- check last update time (although I don't know if the source site presents
a useable last-update-time in response to a HEAD request

Paul